English
HOMEEnglishIntroduction

Introduction

Message


COMET KATO MFG.CO.,LTD was inaugurated at Nakagawa-ku,Nagoya City in 1920 as a range manufacturer .We have walked along with progress of food for 90 years since then as a manufacturer specialized in commercial cooking equipment.When food is heated,fiber,protein and carbohydrate contained in food are resolved making food not only highly nutritious but also very delicious by proper seasoning.Therefore,heating is a very important element for cooking.We COMET KATO MFG.CO.,LTD have been making engineering development in the field of heat cooking and offering innovative products.Although the source of heat for the range stove at the age of our inauguration was mainly coal,it has soon changed to gas and electricity.By that change,cooking equipment that makes adjustment of heating power and cooking temperature as well as control of cooking time easy has been developed,and automation of cooking has greatly advanced.As the food service industry to provide food has progressed,performance and quality required for cooking equipment has greatly increased in recent years.Cooking equipment that can offer delicious food in a short time at cheaper price is required.We will develop new cooking equipment and its system to meet such needs of customers and contribute to enrichment of Japanese food culture.



Company Guide

Company Overview
Founded 1920
Established 1951
Capitalization \45 million
CEO Aiichiro Kato, President and Director
Employee Full-time employee:189 (2010.4)
Part-timer:42 (2010.4)
Operations
Development, manufacture, installation, and sale on a variety of commercial kitchen equipment, including rice cookers, ovens, ranges, fryers, import and sale of products from overseas makes of kitchen equipment
Offices
Head Office イ-9 kabutoshinden, Sobue-cho, Inazawa-shi, Aichi
Tokyo Branch 22F Touto Jidousha Bld., 5-13-13 Nishiikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo
Nagoya Branch 9-109 Nishihioki-cho Nakagawa-ku Nagoya-shi, Aichi
Osaka Branch 5F Touyoukoueki Bld., 3-3-32Nagatahigashi, HigashiOsaka-shi, Osaka
Sapporo Branch 57 Fronteer 7-5-16 5-jou, Gekkanhigashi, Toyohira-ku, Sapporo-shi, Hokkaido
Sendai Branch 201 Kayaba Plaza Nibankan, 3-6-25 Kamiyakari, Izumi-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi
Yokohama Branch 3F Iimura Bld., 3-10-1 Nishihiranuma-machi, Nishi-ku, Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa
Hokuriku Branch 102 Messe Yasuda Bld., 3-6-6, Kitayasue, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa
Nagano Branch 2494-1 Inabaminamimata, Ohaza, Nagano-shi, Nagano
Hiroshima Branch 1F River Side Corp Hirose, 4-13 Hirosekita-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima
Shikoku Branch New Marich Friend No.103,115-1 Omura-cho, Takamatsu-shi, Kagawa
Kyushu Branch 1-3-1 Kamimuta, Hakata-ku, Hukuoka-shi, Fukuoka
Sobue Factory イ-9 kabutoshinden, Sobue-cho, Inazawa-shi, Aichi


History of Comet Kato Co., Ltd.

August. 1920: Started manufacturing of ranges for the kitchen of hotels and restaurants.
October. 1948: Appointed as a designated plant of Toho Gas Co., Ltd.
March. 1950: Appointed as a designated plant of Sanki Kogyo Co., Ltd.
August. 1951: Established Kato Stove Co., Ltd.
February. 1957: The corporate name was changed to Kato Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
January. 1963: The capital amounted to 10 million yen (increased by 7 million yen).
March. 1964: Kato manufacturing Co., Ltd. was reorganized and a new plant. Sobue Plant was completed.
March. 1965: The capital amounted to 15 million yen (increased by 5 million yen).
November. 1966: Awarded by the Mayer of Nagoya City as an excellent enterprise.
February. 1967: The first convertible bond with the amount of 15 million yen accepted by Nagoya Middle & Small Enterprise Investment Fostering Co., Ltd.
November. 1969: Awarded by the Director-General of Middle & Small Enterprise Agency as an excellent enterprise.
March. 1970: Awarded by the Minister of International Trade and Industry as a model plant of statistics survey.
October. 1970: The capital amounted to 30 million yen.
December. 1970: Tokyo Branch was opened.
January. 1972: Technical collaboration with Vulcan-Hart Inc. was established.
March. 1974: Osaka Branch was opened.
June. 1974: The General Administration Department of Nagoya Branch was moved to the Sumitomo Life Insurance Building.
August. 1974: Comet Co., Ltd. was established as a sales company of Kato manufacturing Co., Ltd.
April. 1975: Kyushu Branch of Comet Co., Ltd. was opened.
June. 1975: Hiroshima Branch of Comet Co., Ltd. was opened.
February. 1979: Sales department of Comet Co., Ltd. was merged into Kato Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and the corporate name was changed to Comet Kato Co., Ltd.
April. 1980: Sendai Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
April. 1990: Hokuriku Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
April. 1991: Yokohama Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
August. 1992: Nagano Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
September. 1995: The capital amounted to 45 million yen.
April. 1996: Sapporo Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
February. 1997: The building for the headquarters and Nagoya Branch was completed where operations were moved in.
March. 2000: Shikoku Branch of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. was opened.
February. 2007: Comet co.,Ltd. was authorized to the Aichi Quality companies.
May. 2008: Sobue Plant of Comet Kato Co., Ltd. acquired ISO 9001 certification.